The Lost Fox Hideaway, a cool new American pub coming to One Loudoun, is just about ready to roll. The Burn got a sneak peek tour of the new new bar and restaurant and it’s pretty darn amazing. Plus, we’ve got a first look at their menu.
If it’s slipped your mind, the Lost Fox is a new upscale establishment coming to the second floor space above the City Tap restaurant. It’s the brainchild of restaurateur Jonathan Ball and is meant to be a convivial space for friends to gather with great food and drinks — just like a classic pub.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- The space has a number of distinct sections — inside there’s the main bar — a massive structure that stretches across the room lined with barstools.
- Behind the bar, there’s a cozy fireplace room with more tables and booths surrounding a large stone hearth.
- There’s an open space with traditional-style dart boards.
- The Lost Fox has not one, but two separate outdoor patios overlooking the heart of One Loudoun. Lots of tables, fire tables, umbrellas, you name it. One of them features a second outdoor bar.
- There’s a huge, window that opens between the main bar and the main patio — bringing the outside in and vice-versa.
- The Lost Fox has its own separate entrance on Exchange Street, which leads to a stairwell up to the pub. There’s an elevator as well.
Like all restaurants and bars in this unprecedented time, The Lost Fox has been trying to figure out the path forward. They are planning on opening once it’s legal for them to do so — and once it’s safe for their employees and their guests.
Below are many more photos, as well as the “test” menu The Lost Fox plans to have on opening day. They plan on rotating in new dishes as they determine which ones are customer favorites.
The idea of the pub is “pints and bites” — so the focus is on smaller plates to enjoy with cocktails versus a full-on sit-down restaurant, although they do have a good number of entrees as well.