This weekend, The Burn unveiled a modest make-over of sorts with a revamped website design. We’ve tightened up our layout, made things a little easier on the eye and tweaked our color palate.
Regular readers will also notice a variety of other changes, including:
- a new TOP STORIES row that lets us highlight whichever stories are generating the most interest
- a LATEST NEWS section with all our main news stories, just like in past versions of The Burn
- a new BURNING QUESTIONS section where we answer reader questions
- a new WOW section where we post the strange, the unusual and the cool stories we come across
- an ASHBURN MAGAZINE section where we share interesting stories from our partner publication, Ashburn Magazine
- and a LOUDOUN STORIES section where we will highlight stories that touch on Loudoun’s history and heritage
We hope readers will scroll deeper into the site to discover the special and unique content in these sections.
The Burn has also expanded our advertising program, offering new sizes and positions on the site. We encourage readers to note who our advertisers are and patronize their businesses. Without them, there would be no Burn.
We’re still polishing up a few things, so bear with us. And stay tuned — we’ve got some additional ideas for new features on the site that we will be experimenting with in the coming months.
The Burn is an Ashburn-based news site that covers restaurants, retail , shopping centers, entertainment venues and other high interest stories in eastern Loudoun County and surrounding communities.